Dayne's Weekend Goals

Another week has come and gone! Time to relax for the weekend and enjoy myself. Recently I feel that if I don’t have weekend plans, but time will be spent sitting in front of the couch, both binge watching and binge eating. So to combat my innate laziness, I will set three goals for the weekend.

1. Finish Fifty Shades Freed: I have had this book in my bag for a couple months now. It’s been a slow and painful read to get through, but I promised myself I will finish it! Goal: Finish this awful book so I can start on All The Light We Cannot See

2. Start running again: Since I’ve made the jump over the Potomac into the District, I have been slacking in the gym/running area. Goal: Take a run from home to the Lincoln Memorial, and back

3. Take thoughtful pictures: I feel like my camera is full of unimpressive selfies, pictures of food (in bad lighting), and blurry drunken bar pics. Goal: On my run, stop a couple times along the way and take photos of some beautiful shots of the District

So, there are my goals for the weekend! Now I won’t feel so bad binge eating/watching, especially after taking a long run beforehand. Do you have any weekend goals/plans? Let me know down below.

Have a GREAT weekend!


-Dayne

12 comments

  1. Those are great goals, although, I don't know if I could finish a book I didn't like. Life's too short! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your run and the scenery! I love DC, it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the goals for the weekend!! Runs are always amazing. and I feel ya, I am still trying to finish 50shades of grey.. it's HORRIBLE!! Idk why I ever bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to set goals for yourself as it sets a perspective in life. I wish you the best of luck :)

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your weekend goals... especially taking thoughtful pictures. My pictures have seriously been lacking lately. I need to take more pictures.

    My weekend plans include productive relaxing. Is that a thing? Ha! My goals are just to chill with my family and get random things done like yard work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have werkend goals but that's when I'm most active! I generally cant and won't stay inside lol

    Www.BeMindfulYoureCreative.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the weekend goals - but if I were you, I would give up with the terrible book and find a better one :) Life is too short for bad books! My weekend goal is to get 8 recipes tried, tested, photographed and blogged - I am aiming for 8, but I know I will be lucky to get one...it's hot and I want to go swimming :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your goals! If a book is too painful for me I'll just put it down, it's not worth the time it takes to be miserable enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally identify with you - I need to have an idea on what I am doing on these beautiful summer weekends or else I am just going to movie marathon it for two days straight..

    These are all great goals - good luck with them!! I, too, am trying to get back into a continuous and steady running routine (winter kind of got me out of whack) !! Have a happy weekend :)

    www.pearlsandpolkadots.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would LOVE to see your pics of DC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love goals! love them! I couldn't even get through the first fifty shades book. Personally if you thought that book was full of awesome erotica then your sex life sucks. I remember all these girls going omg this is just so erotic! I am like this is me and my husband on a saturday when we have a sitter. lol But I am glad you're jumping back into running. That too is on my goal list. I need my trophy wife today back. I. NEED. IT. Just like Christian needs the red room. I need fit in a pair of great jeans that get me free stuff again. Thanks for sharing i hope to see you post on Jasmine blog hop tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never really thought of making weekend goals. It's a great idea though, good luck with your goals. I really like the idea of the last one. I am sucker for photos of buildings, graffiti, and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete