The blog to end all blogs (a.k.a. Just another blogger….)

For my introductory post, I wanted to clearly set out The Daily Dayne’s objectives and explain what will set my blog apart from the millions of other sites that exist out there today. I didn’t want to be cliché. I wanted to be unique. Unfortunately, by acknowledging that a blog can easily become cliché and claiming that I am going to stay away from imitating mainstream sites is, in itself, a blog cliché. My neurosis will never let me forget that. It’s such a meta feeling and I hate it! So, trying NOT to be a cliché blog is turning out to be a lose-lose situation. I’m getting anxious that my blog will be a failure from the very start!

Instead of trying to persuade readers that I will not be banal and common, I will just be honest and admit that I simply want to blog! Blog about everything! Blog about fashion, books, tv, movies, lifestyle, society, and most importantly…ME! As a result, I have officially joined the blogosphere and will contribute my unwarranted ideas, opinions, and commentary to the great wide web for everyone (or possibly no one) to see!

I also have to admit that I’ve attempted many times to start a blog; my most successful attempt being when I wanted to start a movie review site, hoping that I would be the next big online film critic! I had such BIG DREAMS! Ultimately, I wrote only one very insightful movie review of Up in the Air. I was so proud of that piece….I guess I was so proud that I felt like my blog was complete with that sole post, and my career as a movie reviewer ended there. So many of us have such big dreams. We have amazing ideas, innovations, and desires, but sadly we often place limits on ourselves that stop us from achieving our goals. I want to personally stop that vicious cycle and actually accomplish something! Who cares if my blog will be full of clichés? It probably will be, but I’m not going to let that stop me! I’m just going to be me.

Unlike my lame movie review site, I promise that The Daily Dayne will be much more robust and active. Thanks to my friend and blogger partner in crime, Mrs. Collier, I will be kept on my toes with deadlines and goals! Her blog is awesome, by the way. Make sure to check it out!

Anyways, even though I don’t really know what I’m doing, I hope you enjoy what’s to come from The Daily Dayne. I’m a fresh Washingtonian and am looking forward to documenting my discoveries and adventures in the nation’s capital! Thanks for reading, and I’ll talk to you soon!

-Dayne

PS: If you’re a blogger who has some advice on how to make a blog great and successful, leave a comment below! Also, make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram. I’ll make sure to follow back!

8 comments

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, I kid a little bit, but really, I think if you just keep true to yourself, do it because you enjoy it, and stay honest with your readers, you'll succeed! :) And I really like your nice, crisp, simple layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to blogging. Definitely stay true to yourself like (Justine said), blog for yourself and don't let anyone hold you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouraging words ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To have a unique blog it's so important and great idea! I'm wishing you the success in blogging Dayne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I have officially joined the blogosphere and will contribute my unwarranted ideas, opinions, and commentary to the great wide web for everyone (or possibly no one) to see!" haha! :D That's how everyone starts out, I think! It's nice to see (hear?) a male voice, so I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the world of blogging! I have no idea what I'm doing either. I just hope people read my blog! Ha! Happy blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dayne! I do not think your blog will be a failure, blogging may get depressing (because of the struggle--you know what I mean?) but I think you are on to something. I have never come across a blog like yours...You have great stories, you are a GREAT writer, you have given me a chuckle here and there, and you are easy on the eye (I will state the obvious)...and so far so good...you only have like 4 post. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the blogging world! You're adorable and way overthinking it. Just be honest and good content will follow. :)

    Clicked over and loved your guest post! My "work" attire is now black yoga pants and a t-shirt with spit-up stains. Ha! So sad.

    ReplyDelete