New Tracks Tuesday - July 21, 2015

I’m not going to lie, I’m still reeling from last week’sTaylor Swift concert, and, as a result, I haven’t been listening to that much new music because I’ve been bingeing on all of Tay’s five albums! PLUS, tomorrow I’ll be going to Nicki Minaj’s concert, and then Saturday is Ariana Grande, so I’ve been prepping by revisiting their albums as well. BUT, I still managed to review this week’s new tracks and decided to only give you the best of the best to listen to! Also, make sure to follow my New Tracks Tuesday playlist on Spotify to hear all of these songs AND more of my current favorite tracks! So, without further ado, here we go:

“Fight For You” – Fareoh

I truly believe that some of the best artists start out as New York DJs. Fareoh proves my theory. Period. He knows how to play with smooth melodies and tinker with electronic harmonies seamlessly in the same song, which produces a beautiful feast for the ears. The lyrics aren’t bad either! “Fight For You” speaks to true love’s ability to cut through a relationship’s pain in order to remind us of our basic foundation, which is….love! Fareoh has produced a sweet dance beat that should easily become a club favorite. A-



“New Americana” – Halsey
I first fell in love with Halsey last fall, when I heard her song “Is There Somewhere?” I admit that I have cried many times while listening to that song. Long story. Don’t ask. Anyway, I love Halsey so much that I nearly bought Imagine Dragon tickets JUST to see her open the show with a couple songs. I am really committed to her! In “New Americana”, Halsey channels her inner-shouting Ke$ha and sings about the new culture wave that’s rising in American youth. I can just picture modern, young hippies dancing in the fields to this song. It’s that great. A



“That’s How You Know” – Nico and Vinz (feat. Bebe Rexha and Kid Ink) EXPLICIT LYRICS
You may be familiar with Nico and Vinz from their 2014 hit “Am I Wrong.” Though “That’s How You Know” is drastically different from “Am I Wrong”, these Norwegian natives still have a hit on their hands! This song is a bit dark, but also hilarious with its description of the vices of success. Nico and Vinz base the melody on a repetitious acoustic sound, while preaching a tragic, complex message about humanity’s tendencies towards self-sabotage. B+



“Clap Snap” – Icona Pop
OMG! This song is SO MUCH FUN! I can’t wait until it starts to be spun by DJs in clubs across America! Icona Pop is known for their fun dance tracks, and “Clap Snap” will keep their popularity going! The nonsensical lyrics and funkiness will keep everyone moving. Let me put it this way: If you were in line at the bar, waiting to get a drink, and you hear the first few beats of this song ring out, you’ll be ITCHING to get back on the dance floor and move your body! Earworm of the Week, A+



Too Cute Beyond Words: “I Can Feel It” – Hey Violet

20 comments

  1. I love your new tracks Tuesday. You always introduce me to something new. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feelin the Nico and Vinz one!
    x
    Missy
    Popofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Missy! It's a fun, but tragic, song!

      Delete
  3. You know, I am lame and haven't heard any of these new songs! haha. Thanks for sharing something fun for me to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kassi! A lot of these artists are independent and up-and-coming! Trying to get as much exposure for them as much as possible!

      Delete
  4. I really have to follow you on Spotify. Sounds like you got a pretty cool taste in music. and everyone knows I do love my music :) Sounds like you are going to be busy with all your concerts. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do Christine! I love sharing my music favs!

      Delete
  5. Love your suggestions! Now I know where to come for new music. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to see you back here next Tuesday Emma!

      Delete
  6. I've seen ICONA POP at the Miley Cyrus concert. They're ah-mazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I saw Miley last year, and IP was opening for her! But....we were 20 minutes late and I missed their opening! I got there 5 minutes before Miley opened. :(

      Delete
  7. New Americana is dope! Thanks for sharing, you have excellent taste. So glad I found your blog on BL Project!

    ♥ Lisa
    strum simmer sip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out her other songs! So great! Love her :)

      Delete
  8. Wow you're going to all the concerts! Thanks for sharing these songs- I am rocking out to them now- all new to me! I'm really liking That's How You Know. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too! And yes, every summer is my concert season. Love them!

      Delete
  9. Hehehe and I feel like a dork right now because I don't know any of these artist 😂😂 lol.... I'm going to have to look some of these groups up now so I Atleast sorta know who they are...ughh.... Omg total dork status lol...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love these posts you do! I live under a rock and you always have such great songs I've never heard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy you had a blast at her concert! I also love ICONA POP. Such create work out music.

    ReplyDelete