There are no actual stores on the National Mall (a.k.a. How I made my Taylor Swift tees)

I can hardly contain my excitement! Tomorrow the 1989 World Tour comes to D.C. and I’m fangirling so hard over here!!!! This past weekend, 1989 and Red were playing non-stop in my little Fiat as I made preparations for the big day tomorrow. The most important goal (which I mentioned last Friday) is that I needed to my t-shirt ready, and getting that done was a tizzy…

The day started with picking up my friend Chris (a fresh D.C. transplant from Chicago) and going to the mall. Poor Chris, I told him I was going to the mall and he was excited to go! Little did he know that I meant Pentagon City Mall….he thought I was going to the National Mall for touristy engagements. He ended up being stuck with me all day as we drove all over creation desperately trying to get these TSwift tees made!

Once we arrived at Pentagon City Mall, I was shocked and disappointed to find that my favorite iron-on tee stand had shut down. I went into full panic mode! This was the only t-shirt making stand that I knew of! It was 4:00 p.m. on a Saturday! Where were we going to find a place to make our tees! Everything would be closed on Sunday and I won’t be able to get it done in time! I’M A FAILURE!!!!!

Okay, I get a bit panicky and overdramatic when things don’t exactly go according to plan, but I pulled myself together and Googled “iron-on tee shirt stores.” Luckily I found “LA Tee-Shirt” that was open until 5:00 p.m. in Arlington, so we rushed our butts over there immediately!

“LA Tee-Shirt” is a family-owned tee shirt business that has been around for over 30 years! It’s a hole in the wall mom and pop store that’s dusty charm completely captured
me. Sun-faded tees cover all the walls and tell stories of how long this historic store has been around. 

This place is where you need to go if you’re looking to get t-shirts made in the DMV (D.C./Maryland/Virginia) area! Absolutely great! We went in with designs in mind, and the designer tweaked them a bit and made them so much better! The tee was $1, and the front/back designs cost $20. Not bad at all!

So I can check off “T-shirts” from my to-do
list! I don’t know if I’m more excited about the concert itself or wearing the tee in public! I actually…I’m still more excited about the show. Seeing how these past few shows she’s had surprise guests like Nick Jonas! SWOOOOOON! I. Can’t. Wait! I’ll have a full recap of tomorrow’s show Wednesday morning.


P.S. I received a lot of Periscope requests for Tuesday’s show. SO, Mrs. Collier and I have decided to split up the 'scope work. I’m going to ‘scope out requests that come off the 1989 album, while Mrs. Collier will ‘scope any other songs that were requested. Make sure to follow her! It’s going to be great! Her handle is brittrcollier. Mine is thedailydayne.

40 comments

  1. I LOVE all of these!! Super cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shirts! So glad you were able to find a place that was open and get them done! I would have been freaking out as well!
    And that's hilarious about the "mall", lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I waited til the last minute because I was SURE that the t-shirt stand was still open...boy was I wrong! Thanks for stopping by Justine!

      Delete
  3. Cracking up at the title of this post! Glad you got your tee shirts all sorted out before the show. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miranda! IT was SO stressful! Can't wait for tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. The designs are so cute! And I'm mega jealous right now. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design, I like the pink hear one! :)

    Betty | Inspiremeand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bettyna! The guy at the shop helped me make the heart!

      Delete
  6. I love how those turned out! I really wish I could go see Taylor in concert, I adore her!

    Also I have a Fiat too! A little red one named Allonso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I have Fiat envy! I want one so.bad.
    Those shirts turned out super cute too! Glad you were able to find a place to get them made. It doesn't seem like it took that long either. I hope you enjoy the concert tomorrow! I'm sure it's going to be a great show..how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joscelyn! And they were super quick at the shirt store!

      Delete
  8. Love them! And I love T.S. I'm so jealous! Hope you have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Tiffany! I'm sure I will! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love these! Hope you have fab time. Take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine! I'll definitely share them on Wednesday!!!

      Delete
  11. Have a great time!!! Love the shirts.. Can't wait to read the full recap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is Periscope? I guess I'm off to google. Love how the tees came out though. :)

    Stephanie @ TheDishBCS.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! Periscope is linked to your Twitter account. It's a live streaming video app that allows you to connect with others. Download it, follow me (thedailydayne) and watch the concert tomorrow! It'll be AWESOME!!

      Delete
  13. Those shirts ROCK. Nice job getting them done in time. Have such a great time at the show. Can't wait for the recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shann!!! I'll take lots of pics to share!

      Delete
  14. Your t shirts came out amazing. Great job. I so hate it when shops close, but google is always helpful to find like items. Can't wait to hear about the concert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! And yes, what would we do without Google?!

      Delete
  15. The t-shirts came out great, i love them. Have fun at the concert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh! I need a shirt! The designs came out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The shirts look great and I am so happy that you were able to find a t-shirt place in time so that you can be prepared for the concert. I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT! anyways, if you frequent shirt making places you can possibly ask them to collaborate with you in exchange for a blog post, tweet, share on instagram, and fb. Just a thought....It would be a win win for both of those shops are mainly small, ma and pa related. ---Free shirt for free advertising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice Jess! I may start doing that! I am going to Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj next week..Maybe I can cut a deal if I get shirts made! Thanks :D

      Delete
  18. Great t-shirt designs! I would've totally panicked as well, I am glad you found that mom & pop store (I love supporting small businesses). Have a blast at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great find Dayne. Now I found a place for my daughters to get shirts when we visit later this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to go! Thanks for stopping by sir! :D

      Delete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving how the shirts came out!!!! Have the best time ever at the concert and know I'm over here mad jealous that I'm not going! Hehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute! Love the tees. Next time you can actually print and iron yourself with stuff they sell at Target in the office supply. Just print on a regular printer and iron right on.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute! Love the tees. Next time you can actually print and iron yourself with stuff they sell at Target in the office supply. Just print on a regular printer and iron right on.

    ReplyDelete