Week-ap Wednesday - July 22, 2015

Hi all!

Wow, what a whirlwind these last two weeks have been! Between concerts, amusement parks, and getting back into the gym, it’s safe to say that summer is in FULL SWING over here! I don’t know when I’ll be able to post next, so I wanted to release a new Week-ap Wednesday for us to catch up on what’s been going on! P.S. Tonight I’m going to see Nicki Minaj at Jiffy Lube Live! I’m so excited! Can’t wait to see her. I’ve been memorizing rap songs for the past three months in preparation for this moment. Tonight is the night I let my inner-rapper shine! And then on Saturday night, I’ll be at the Ariana Grande show at the Verizon Center! I know I had a major Periscope fail at Taylor Swift, but I’m going to try again at these two concerts, so make sure to follow me on Periscope, @thedailydayne! (As usual, too many exclamation points!!!)

What I just finished reading: Paper Towns by John Green
In my last Week-ap Wednesday, I had mentioned that I was currently reading Paper Towns and that I was excited about it! Well…..that excitement was short-lived. I LOVED Green’s The Fault In Our Stars, but, sadly, he didn’t do it for me in this one. The book was filled with teenaged, existential clichés and overhyped diction, this book was a bore and difficult to get through. I know many of you commented before and said how much you loved it. I’m sorry. I’ll have to disagree…DON’T HATE ME!

What I’m currently reading: The Woman I Wanted to Be by Diane von Furstenberg
Mrs. Collier and I decided to start a blogging book club a while back and plan on doing duel book reviews on each other’s blog. The Woman I Wanted to Be is the first title we chose. So far, I love it! I am a huge fan of DVF. I love her designs, her attitude, and her positivity on life! I think people have many preconceived notions about her and her life. I have been blown away about her upbringing and life as a little girl in post-WWII Europe. So far: riveting. Look for our reviews soon!

What I’m tired of listening to: “Want to Want Me” by Jason Derulo
Ok. As you know from my Taylor Swift concert review post, I was EXTREMELY disappointed that she chose JD as her special guest for the night. He performed “Want to Want Me” on stage with Tay, and now it’s left a terribly bitter taste in my mouth. OVER IT!

What I’m currently listening to: ALL OF TAYLOR SWIFT’S ALBUMS!
Continuing on the Tay-train-of-thought, I have been revisiting every single one of T. Swift’s albums since the concert! Her debut album, Taylor Swift, has had me belting out “DREWWW LOOOOOKS AT MEEEEEEE!” I love it! But, Fearless, is by FAR my favorite album by T.S., besides 1989. “Forever and Always” will forever and always be my number one fav T. Swizzle tune.

What I finished watching: Orange is the New Black, Season 3, Netflix
A month after its release on the interwebs, I FINALLY caught up on season 3 of OITNB. It was its best season yet! I won’t give any spoilers for those who haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll just say you are in for a treat! I loved getting to know Pensatucky’s story better. She was the season’s shining star! So heart wrenching. I have a new found respect for that actress. Also, can we discuss that montage at the end of the finale??!! So beautiful! Get your tissues ready!

What I’m currently watching: Bloodline, Season 1, Netflix
I’m on a roll with these Netflix original programs! I just finished the first episode of this breakout series. And I am ALREADY hooked! I can’t say anything or describe the episode without giving spoilers away, but take my word for it: THISISGONNABEGOOD.

Alrighty, that’s my life recently! Have you been reading/watching/listening to anything good? Or absolutely horrible??!! Let me know! Hope you all are having a good week!

24 comments

  1. I'm also not a fan of JD. I would never have thought that he would team up withTSwift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a fan when he first came out. Now he just needs to go away :/

      Delete
  2. I was thinking about watching Bloodline! Glad to hear it's good, I'll have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only 1 episode in, and it's hooked me! The ending of the first episode will BLOW YOUR MIND!

      Delete
  3. Loving your blog!! Was going to read paper towns- I might wait :) and bloodline sounds awesome! Love your exclamation points!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Nelle, I wouldn't just wait....just skip out in general. You won't miss much :/ And YAY FOR EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!

      Delete
  4. Ah! I have to finish Paper Towns so I can go see the movie!

    Rosemond Cates
    www.bighairandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloodline is soo good!!!

    Stephanie @ thedishbcs.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been contemplating Paper Towns. I think I will wait on that one! I just downloaded Go Set A Watchman. I loved To Kill A Mockingbird, so I have high hopes on this one. And thank you for sharing about Bloodline. I was looking for a series to start after OITNB. I am a little more than halfway past season 3…but stalled on watching it because then I’d have nothing else to watch. If that makes sense. I will start Bloodline next! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skip PT, DEF read GSAW! I want to read that so badly! And let me know what you think of Bloodline if you start it! So good!!

      Delete
  7. I'm planning to read Paper Towns by John Green, thanks for the feedback :)

    Betty | Inspiremeand

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finishing season 3 of Orange is the New Black is on my to do list...I want to watch it but then things get in the way :( My husband and I just started watching Ray Donovan...liking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that On Demand! After Bloodline, RD will be next!

      Delete
  9. Funny, because my feelings about the John Green books are the opposite of yours - I loved Paper Towns but was not impressed with Fault in our Stars! I thought that one was cliché and the kids were way too precocious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting take on it Becky. At least we can agree that we both "love a John Green book." :)

      Delete
  10. Good read 😊 I'm loving Taylor swift too 💖

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every now and then I always listen to some old Taylor Swift songs. My favorite song has to be I'm Only Me When I Am With You. Not a single but still a good song by her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. JD hasnt come out with anything good lately.. I really need to step my game up on reading!! Sounds like you've been extremely busy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree with you on Paper Towns. It was my first John Green book and I've heard nothing but amazing things about him. I definitely chose the first book to read first because I didn't find it that great at all. It moved really slowly. I found it boring and uneventful.

    Very Erin - http://veryerin.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just finished watching Reign on Netflix and it suggested I start watching Bloodline. So I started to watch and so far so good!!! Love it when Netflix actually suggest something good!!

    ReplyDelete