Week-ap Wednesday - August 12, 2015

Hi, all!

So, no New Tracks Tuesday yesterday, but have no fear! A couple of great music reviews of some fantastic bands are coming up! In the meantime, let’s Week-ap!

First, as we enter the middle of August, we are at the halfway point for the #EverythingAugust Instagram Challenge. I am SO impressed with everyone’s participation in this challenge, and your pics are fantastic! I love going through the #EverythingAugust hashtag and liking all the pics for each day’s prompt! Keep it up! If you haven’t been following along or participating in the challenge, START NOW! You can check out each day's prompt here

Second, I apologize for not being that active on my blog or social media recently. I have been going through/initiating some life changes (can’t really reveal yet, but will do soon!), and my time has been precious! But I promise that I will be devoting much more time to The Daily Dayne. Some exciting things are happening, and I can’t wait to share them with you! Until then, here’s what I’ve been up to these last couple of weeks.

What I’m currently listening to: “Love Myself” by Hailee Steinfield
SO, I heard rumors that Hailee Steinfield would be dabbling in music after her breakout singing debut in Pitch Perfect 2. I was a bit skeptical when I heard this news. I mean, yes, the Oscar-nominated actress is BFFs with my girl T. Swift, but would friendship with one of the world’s biggest pop stars really qualify you to be a singer? I admit, that was wrong of me to even ask or think like that. I was wrong. You know why? BECAUSE HER NEW SINGLE “LOVE MYSELF” IS AMAZING!!!!! I was shocked at the production value, the lyrics/message, and her vocal talent in general! This girl can hold her own, and if she cranks out more hits like this one, watch out Tay…. Check out her song. So much fun! As Donald Trump would say, “It’s great. It’s huge. It’s going to be successful.” Listen below:


What I’m tired of listening to: “Lean On” by Major Lazer and DJ Snake
Everyone morning on my ride into work, I devotedly listen to The Kane Show on HOT 99.5. And EVERY morning they give their listeners three song choices, and ask the audience to text in their favorite of the three that they want heard on the radio. The most voted-for-song gets played. Seriously, it seems that Major Lazer and DJ Snake’s “Lean On” is always one of the options, and is inevitably chosen by the listeners for airplay. PLEASE STOP THIS MADNESS! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Major Lazer. “Bubble Butt” was secretly written about me (Shhh! Don’t tell anyone) …so yea, I have some fondness for ML. But seriously guys, stop texting for Kane to play this song. It’s awful. I can’t describe why. I’m just sick and tired of it. That’s all.

What I finished watching: Bloodline, Season 1 – Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, Season 1, Netflix
Netflix is on FIRE! In my last Week-ap, I had just finished the first episode of Bloodline. It was really captivating. Long story short, I finished that whole season in two days. I can’t really describe the show’s plot, because it would give too much away, but I will say that this show is a modern-day Shakespearean inspired tale that will keep you dizzy and hungry for more with every twist and turn. After I finished Bloodline, I immediately jumped over to WHAS: FDOC. I was a huge fan of the movie when I stumbled on it back in college. I am happy to report that the show is actually WAY funnier than the movie! The silliness, absurdity, faux-melodrama, and Bradley Cooper will keep you hooked. By the way, I was severely disappointed with how short the season was. Only 8 episodes, not the standard 13-episode seasons that Netflix usually produces. So prepare yourself for the post-show letdown.

What I’m currently watching: Big Brother, CBS
Evicted houseguests are about to trickle into the jury house, so that means we are halfway done with this season. SAY IT AIN’T SO! BB has been my biggest guilty pleasure for the past six or seven summers. It never disappoints (Except for Battle of the Block. I hated that twist.). My favorite part of every season is the moment when the underdogs take control of the house and start picking off their tormentors, one by one. Needless to say, I was extremely happy to see Clay go home last week, and I’m hoping that Vanessa or Shelli will be the next to go. If you haven’t been watching, catch up on demand!


So that's been my week so far. Anything interesting happening with you? I want to hear! In the meantime, I'm off about to snap my "Black and White" best for today's Instagram Challenge prompt. Make sure to take yours too, and hashtag #EverythingAugust! Talk to you soon!

11 comments

  1. This is your thing. I love coming to your site for your reviews! I love comedies so I will be checking out Netflix's FDOC. Thanks for an honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never understand Big Brother lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Netflix is on fire!! Their shows are some of my favorites, hello OITNB and House of Cards...I haven't started Bloodline yet but I am definitely planning to!

    Laura @ Have Need Want

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Big Brother too! I loved Clay and Shelli but I'm with you on Vanessa going home! She isn't living up to my expectations as a professional poker player!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG but how good was Bloodline?!?! I totally binge-watched that! xoxox, Kayla www.lostgenygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first I wasn't sure about Bloodline, then I was hooked and finished it in a couple days too. I want season 2 now! I can't wait to watch WHAS...great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I need to watch Hot American summer. I didn't see the movie yet so I'm watching that first. I've been hearing about Bloodline! Watching the trailer now!

    www.girlunspotted.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME! I almost never listen to the radio anymore so I struggle to find new music. Love that I was completely just turned onto a new artist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that song by hailee!

    www.fcnextdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband has been making me watch Wet Hot ... I am NOT a fan. He also makes me watch Archer.. which I am slowly liking. (Mostly Pam!) I get him back by forcing PLL down his throat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to watch Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, it's at the top of my Netflix list! I just finished watching Sons of Anarchy last week...ohhh Jax Teller...gimme some of that! Haha

    ReplyDelete