New Tracks Tuesday - September 8, 2015

I am LOVING the music I've been reviewing lately. I've noticed that I haven't been giving many negative reviews...BUT THAT'S BECAUSE ALL THIS MUSIC IS FAN-TAST-IC!!!! Hope you enjoy these great, handpicked new tracks!

“Bloodstream”- Transviolet
Transviolet is proving more and more, every day, that they are my new favorite band. They captured me mercilessly with their hit “Girls Your Age,” and have continued to hold me captive with their follow-up “Bloodstream.” On a random note, the music in this song makes me want to run away from the law, in the dead of night, in the woods… Don’t know why I shared that with you, but I cannot hide my true feelings! Anyways! This song is incredibly sexy, and reveals the thinning lines between addiction, lust, and love. They never fail to send chills down my spine. Please check them out! I’m expecting HUGE things to come from them and I do NOT want you to miss out. (Also, they are going on tour with Mikky Ekko in October. You may remember a little, ‘ole duet that Mikky did with a small town girl named….RIHANNA! And that little, ‘ole duet was the MASSIVE HIT “STAY”!!!! It’s a win-win to see him AND Transviolet! You can find out about ticket information on their Facebook page.) A+, Earworm of the Week



 “New Obsession”- Frankie
Wow! Frankie has reinstated my faltering faith in people named Frankie (I’m looking at you Frankie Grande…). This Oakland native’s fresh track “New Obsession” is exactly the song I needed to end this summer with a BANG! Her smooth and cutesy charm will draw you in, but by the chorus you will feel the heavy punch that she’s got behind her voice! In her song, she claims to have “tricks” and “moves,” and let me tell you….SHE DOES! I think I have found a NEW OBSESSION! (pun intended) Can’t wait to hear more of her music soon! A


“Rescue”- ZZ Ward
I’ve heard ZZ Ward’s name thrown around a lot within the last few years, but I never got the chance to check out her music. For some reason, the name threw me off and reminded me of some type of heavy, death metal band. So I naturally stayed away. I’m SO SAD I DID! I could listen to her sweet and crackly voice all day long. If you’re looking to get better acquainted with ZZ Ward, “Rescue” is the perfect song to start with. It’s a powerful, crescendoing anthem about complete and utter dedication to unconditional love. (P.S. Her real name is Zsuzsanna….I HAVE NOW OFFICIALLY PICKED OUT MY FIRST BORN’S NAME.) A


“U12”- Daya
You know when you hear a song that’s so filled-to-the-brim with soul, that you can’t handle it? Daya’s “U12” is a perfect example of when this occurs. The song is drenched in electro beats, but, at the same time, it couldn’t be more emotional and human. Daya takes a simple message about love and transforms it into an electro-R&B, complex movement. LOVE IT! (Also, this song incorporates number play, which I will always and forever be obsessed with. I’ve had Brian McKnight’s “Back at One” on repeat since the 90s…) A-




“My Love Is Strong”- The Furious Seasons
If the band Lynyrd Skynyrd somehow had a love child with Bob Dylan, The Furious Seasons would be the result of that torrid love affair. In “My Love Is Strong,” The Furious Seasons present an original sound to the Americana and folk genre! The vocals are whimsical, but tight, and the lyrics paint a picture of love that can’t be denied. On top of that, David Steinhart on the electric guitar…SICK! Americana and folk music can be an acquired taste for some people, but if you’re new to the genres and are looking to jump in, The Furious Seasons is a GREAT place to start. You may find that your love, too, is strong for them….(see what I did there??) B+



Too Cute Beyond Words: “Gave Me Something”- Jess Glynne

15 comments

  1. Nice. I always love your New Tracks Tuesday. Transviolet and The Furious Seasons sound like they would be my type of music. Awesome! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tracks, thank you for sharing. Transviolet is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Krystal! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all recommendations! You're awesome! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of these at all. But I'm definitely going to listen to them. I love finding new music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never even heard of reviewing music- but thats awesome. I havent heard of any of the artists before but I really liked "gave me something". I need to go check out more of her music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of Transviolet, but I love it!!! Pinning for future use - I need to listen to all of these. Love your reviews and musical taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so out of touch with music these days, it's like you're my gateway to my youth (and music haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look forward to your new music posts. I'm now loving The Furious Seasons. Adding them to my spotify playlist now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I haven't heard a number of these yet - I think I live under a rock some days....thanks for pulling me out from under it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these singers and songs are amazing! My type of music. I added them to my iTunes.

    ReplyDelete