Top 20 Unheard Tracks of 2015

This has been an amazing year for music! Honestly, probably one of the best years for music in a long, long time. But I was thinking...unless you go out and buy CDs or religiously listen to full albums on iTunes or Spotify, you're probably only familiar with the singles that artists released to the general airwaves. If that's the case, you've missed out on tons and tons of great tracks from your favorites artists! 

SO, as 2015 comes to a close, I wanted to share with you some incredible songs that you probably 
DIDN'T hear this year, but SHOULD HAVE!

You may actually recognize a couple tracks on this list, but for the most part, these songs flew under the radar instead of getting the spotlight that they deserved. So here we go: Here are my Top 20 Unheard Tracks of 2015!

Enjoy the list, and I'll see you in the New Year!


20. “Together” by Ella Eyre, Together
This song is probably the most recognizable off this list. Still an underrated gem!





19. “Double Vision” by Prince Royce (feat. Tyga), Double Vision
He’s been bae since I saw him at Ariana Grande’s The Honeymoon Tour. That’s all.





18. “I Got You” by Ciara, Jackie
Jackie was an amazing album to come out of 2015, and her sweet motherhood ballad is not one to be missed.





17. “Lighter” by Miley Cyrus, Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz
I could’ve picked ANY song off of MC’s Dead Petz album and threw it on this list, because not many people took the time to go to SoundCloud and check out her amazing new album! MC gets such a bad rep, but her artistry and talent are off the charts, and “Lighter” is just one of many incredible songs that MC released this year. Check out her full album on SoundCloud when you get the chance!





16. “We Can’t Move To This” by Ellie Goulding, Delirium
I don’t understand why more people aren’t raving about EG’s Delirium! Nearly every song on the album will either move your body or move your heart. “We Can’t Move To This,” ironically, will move both!





15. “Bad For You” by Meek Mill (feat. Nicki Minaj), Dreams Worth More Than Money
One of the main reasons why I like this song is that Nicki Minaj builds off of her incredibly vulnerable Pinkprint persona and harnesses her emotions towards the main man in her life, Meek. “Bad For You” is a downright example of a perfect, modern love song. Also see “All Eyes On You.”





14. “Without” by Years & Years, Communion
Just listen.





13. “Brave Honest Beautiful” by Fifth Harmony (feat. Meghan Trainor), Reflection
I know I’ve written endlessly about Fifth Harmony, so I’ll keep it short: They know their stuff. They know how to throwback and honor their idols, while still blazing a unique trail of their own. “Brave Honest Beautiful” is an incredibly fun song that you need to hear.




12. “Pity Party” by Melanie Martinez, Cry Baby
This chick is literally crazy AF, and I love it. That’s all.





11. “Smile” by Mikky Ekko, Time
If you had a rough 2015, just remember, “Smile. The worst is yet to come.” Powerful song that should’ve topped the charts this year. Check it out! P.S.: Mikky Ekko is the father of my children.





10. “I Was Made For Loving You” by Tori Kelly (feat. Ed Sheeran), Unbreakable Smile
All jokes aside, I want this to be the song that I dance to at my wedding. So don’t steal it!





9. “Stars” by Demi Lovato, Confident
Confident is probably one of the top 3 albums of 2015, in my mind. It’s full of pain, love, and emotion that everyone can relate to. “Stars” is just a feel good song that makes me feel like I can take on the world!





8. “I Didn’t Just Come Here To Dance” by Carly Rae Jepsen, Emotion
Who knew that CRJ could be so sexy and risqué? This song = me.





7. “Iconic” by Madonna (feat. Chance The Rapper, Mike Tyson), Rebel Heart
Any song that has Mike Tyson as a featured artist should be on ALL of the “Best Of” lists. No, but for real, this song is HOT.





6. “New Bohemia” by Transviolet, Transviolet
I have been with this band since the beginning! I absolutely freaked out at U Street Music Hall when they opened for Mikky Ekko. I can’t wait to see what 2016 has planned for them!





5. “Fire N Gold” by Bea Miller, Not An Apology
This may sound like a teenaged-emo track, but this song really, really moved me this year. Whenever I would be feeling down-and-out, I would just press play and remember that I’ve got “fire n gold” in my eyes. So cheesy, but so, so powerful. This is why I love music.





4. “Why Me” by Jess Glynne, I Cry When I Laugh
Jess Glynne has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. She’s the definition of a “hidden gem.” Can’t wait to see her next month at her SOLD OUT show at 9:30 Club!





3. “Love Me Or Leave Me” by Little Mix, Get Weird
If you went through a tough breakup this year…you probably shouldn’t listen to this song. You will cry. But just remember, it’s better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all!





2. “Salvatore” by Lana del Rey, Honeymoon
Honeymoon was the most underrated album of 2015. HANDS DOWN. I was glad to see “High By the Beach” gain traction with some mainstream audiences, but the album as a whole should have gotten way more attention than it did. I picked “Salvatore” for this list, because it amazes me how Lana del Rey can seamlessly make tragedy sexy, while adding a scoop of “soft ice cream” on top.





1. “River of Tears” by Alessia Cara, Know-It-All
Like “Love Me Or Leave Me,” “River of Tears” is another tearjerker. But I HAD to make it number one on this list, because Alessia Cara was the artist that made the biggest impression on me this year. Each and every song on Know-It-All spoke to me in a way that no other artist did. If you were to check out ONE artist on this list, please let it be Alessia Cara. If you're in the D.C. area, make sure to check out her show next month at 9:30 Club!




7 comments

  1. I love all your music posts. You've got me into some really great new music! I'm really getting into Ellie Goulding lately. Her song Army is my jam! And have you heard of Who Is Fancy? Boys Like Me is his new song with Megan Trainor and Ariana Grande...it's soo good! I haven't heard any of these songs yet but I'm pining this and coming back to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great list! I was obsessed with Years & Years, Jess Glynne and Ella Eyre this year. They're definitely underrated artist. Their albums have so many gems. Not to mention the vocals alone for all three are absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually have the Prince Royce album on Spotify and I just heard this song while I was showering ( lol i know) and I was jamming to it. Now I listen to it when I'm getting ready lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. You always have so many great music choices, and so many I need to check out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! I really love Alessia Cara too she is great! I love year end music reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Tori Kelly song! Great picks for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for pointing out these great songs! Alessia is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete